The below recipe is brought to you by Cristina Roman. She’s a pretty neat gal, and blogs about living the gluten-free lifestyle. Enjoy her ‘What ingredients do I currently have in the kitchen?’ cooking style, and test out her delicious recipe!
Hi there! I’m Cristina Roman and I blog about just about everything (including gluten-free cooking) over at Scintillating Simplicity. I stumbled across Laura’s blog and reached out to her about guest-posting since we both live and love the gluten-free lifestyle.
My “recipes” are often thrown together with ingredients from my fridge or pantry, which means I rarely measure them. I believe in ad-lib cooking, so I spend a lot of time trying new ingredients, mixing different spice combinations, and taste-testing the results.
This recipe came about by searching for a pasta recipe that incorporated leeks and red pepper; I found and adapted a recipe from the blog Family Bites.
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried red chili peppers
- Gluten-free pasta (corn, quinoa, or brown rice are my favorites)
- Frozen or canned peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a red bell pepper in olive oil, wrap in tin foil, and roast for 40 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven and peel once cooled.
- Chop pepper then place in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet with a large handful of cherry tomatoes, a small handful of pine nuts, a pinch each of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried red chili peppers, and a tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Clean and slice leeks and chop 2 cloves of garlic. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium; add leeks and garlic. Saute until tender, then add frozen peas, pasta, and red pepper sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer until hot.
- Serve into bowls and top with feta.
P.S. Want a slightly easier recipe? Skip the sauce- just chop the red pepper and add it to the skillet with the leeks and garlic to sauté.
Want more recipes? See the gluten-free section on my blog!
Cristina Roman is a Raleigh lover, an Online Presence Consultant at CMR Strategies, and a former Junior Recruiting Coordinator. Cristina is obsessed with volunteerism, Twitter, and Starbucks (where she always sees Will), and loves tennis, gluten-free cooking, and professional development. She likes to think of herself as professional with a goofy streak. She blogs about just about everything over at Scintillating Simplicity.